Alliotts provides accounting, business and tax services to help overseas businesses maximise their investment in the UK.
If you’re setting up in the UK you need experienced business advisors that can offer you essential start up support. Once you’re up and running you need practical help to run your UK operation efficiently. Finally, your business will benefit from strategic tax advice to ensure it is properly structured for future growth or acquisition.
How we work
Working with overseas businesses is a core strength of Alliotts, and we have many years of experience helping companies set up and do business in the UK. Our international clients range from niche start ups to multi-site global retailers.
Our clients operate in a wide variety of sectors, from IT to private equity, but many of the challenges they face are the same. We offer expert support to help our clients in these key areas:
- To quickly grasp a practical understanding of HR, payroll, accounting, company registration and tax obligations in the UK
- To smooth out the process of dealing with these issues for both the parent company and local staff
- To set up the right accounting, payroll and tax procedures and reporting to support future business growth
- To assist with acquisition strategies, finding targets, due diligence and the deal process
- Local presence, global perspective
Where we work
As part of our commitment to assisting international clients we founded Alliott Group, a worldwide alliance of independent accounting, law and consulting firms. The group has grown to include 160 members in 70 countries and is ranked 14th largest of its type worldwide.
This allows us to either provide, or replicate services in other countries and we are experienced in carrying out such multi territory assignments. Alliotts dedicated China and Hong Kong Team are experts in providing compliance and business advisory services to Chinese businesses.
Our team of specialist advisors is headed up by Jon Luk, who has 35 years of experience of providing tax advice and audit and accounting services that help Chinese businesses thrive in the UK and worldwide.
"One of the key benefits, which my company and I have found from our association with Alliotts has been the access they have to a worldwide alliance of affiliated firms, who are able to assist with local legislation and accounting knowledge, and the close interest that these firms have taken in the progress and development of our business. Alliotts and the Alliott Group member firms we have used to date have been instrumental in helping Unibet develop into an international group. On this journey Alliotts have been, and still remain, highly appreciated and very valuable advisors. "
Anders Strom, founder Unibet Group Plc
Type of company
Independent firm of chartered accountants, business advisors, outsourcing providers and tax specialists that has been providing services to clients for over 140 years.
Working with Alliotts guarantees partner involvement at every stage. From routine financial functions to ad hoc specialist assignments, we offer a highly personalised service that delivers real value to our international business clients.
Excellent communication between our teams (e.g. accounting, tax and payroll) means that clients only need to supply information once, and our teams liaise to ensure that records are up to date and accurate. Located in one central London office, makes communication straightforward. Partners have access to all of the necessary information so that they can give you valuable advice, knowing the whole picture, whenever you need it. It is a ‘hands on’ and proactive service specifically tailored to meet the need of international businesses and it includes:
- Advice on trading vehicles – branch or subsidiary?
- Company formation
- VAT application
- PAYE scheme set upCorporate
- Tax registration
- Bank accounts
- Payroll calculations and production of payslips
- BACS approved Bureau - payment of employees’ pay directly into bank accounts and PAYE and National Insurance Contributions directly to HMRC
- Submission of end of year returns to HMRC
- Completion of forms P11d (Return of benefits and expenses)/P11d dispensations
- Book keeping including online accounting, web based access to financial data 24/7
- Management reporting/KPIs
- Virtual FD
- Completion of VAT Returns
- Statutory Accounts – including IFRS compliant
Our clients appreciate being able to outsource some or all of their accounting functions to us. We know that it is not always feasible for businesses setting up in the UK to recruit a full time employee for the role, yet regular management reporting in line with the parent company’s format is required.
Our flexible, responsive and cost effective services have been created with the needs of our international clients in mind. Our team is experienced in a variety of accounting packages and can readily adapt to working with bespoke systems.
We also provide the following services:
- Completing statutory audits
- Corporation tax – preparation and submission of tax computation and return
- Transfer pricing advice
- Personal tax – preparation and submission of tax returns
- VAT advice
Human resource management
- Contracts of employment
- Policies and procedures
- Training and development
- Mediation and dispute resolution
Fraud prevention services
- Developing policies and procedures to reduce exposure
- Company secretarial
- Maintaining the statutory records
- Completion and filing of forms at Companies House
- Drafting minutes
- Provision of registered office
Financial planning advice
- Advising on company pension schemes and life assurance
- Key man insurance
Corporate finance – acquiring in the UK
- Finding/researching targets
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Due diligence
- Corporate structure
- Mandarin, Cantonese, Malay, French, Italian, Spanish, Bulgarian, Russian, Turkish, Gujarati, Punjabi, Hindi, Afrikaans, Tamil, German
Sudheer Gupta, Partner and Head of Outsourced Services
Imperial House, 15-17 Kingsway, London, WC2B 6UN
This content was provided by Alliotts.